Pagers for restaurants.
Using a paging system brings a great increase in efficiency to the restaurant.
What is a paging system connected to Septim?
A paging system will make communication between staff in the restaurant easier and faster. Is the food in the kitchen ready to be served? The waiter who placed the order in the POS system will receive the information on his pager. This can substantially speed up service and there are even more uses, here we describe some of them to give you an idea:
- Restaurants - calling the waiter to the table (EasyCall)
- Restaurant - notifying the waiter from the kitchen that the food he ordered is ready (WaiterCall)
- Restaurant/Fastfood - notifying a customer who is waiting for their order that the food is ready (CustomerCall)
- Restaurant/Fastfood - a system of finding a table based on a pager that the customer takes when ordering. The food can be delivered directly to the table by the server (VUZE)
- Recreational facilities - easier communication with technical support staff
- Congress - staff does not interfere with the meeting, the customer can call the staff himself if necessary
- Industry - faster coordination of shipments
- Healthcare - summoning a patient who does not have to wait for treatment in a crowded waiting room OR summoning attending staff or an ambulance
- Baby corners - summoning a child's parent in case of an emergency
- Retail - summoning staff to the exam room
How does the paging system work in a restaurant?
There are basically three ways to use pagers in a restaurant. The types of paging devices and their control panels differ accordingly.
Paging system: WaiterCall
The WaiterCall system replaces the outdated kitchen bell and informs a specific waiter that his order is ready in the kitchen.
Waiters are equipped with CrystallCall pagers, through which they receive a message from the kitchen that their food is ready for pick-up. This speeds up guest service and therefore guest turnaround in the restaurant, and guests are not disturbed by, for example, the doorbell. Another benefit is a reduction in unnecessary waiter errands to the kitchen.
The pager operates at 448MHz, has an integrated rechargeable battery and belt clip. A vibrating or audible signal can be used. It alerts itself when the battery is low. One rechargeable station can hold up to 6 or up to 12 pagers, but if more pagers are needed, the stations can be interconnected.
Calling a waiter to the kitchen is provided by the transmitting station, which is configured for 12 or 24 pagers. The station has been designed for everyday use and tested for placement even in a hot kitchen. It can be mounted on a desk or wall.
The undeniable advantages of using this type of pager are:
- ease of use,
- the easy operation of the pagers, easy to use, easy to read, easy to use,
- significant speeding up of the service to guests,
- quick and easy installation.
Paging system: CustomerCall
CustomerCall is the ideal solution for children's play areas, food courts, medical or veterinary surgeries. The use of this solution eliminates the need to call out patient names or ensures that parents of children can be quickly summoned when needed, even in the rugged areas of a supermarket.
The pager operates at a frequency of 448MHz. Its range is up to 2 km, depending on the ruggedness of the area and the building material used. In case the pager holder is out of signal, he is automatically alerted by his own pager. The installation of the station is very simple, it can be placed on a table or on a wall.
A vibration, sound or light signal can be used to call the pager. The pager is available in blue and black. The pager is rechargeable, the rechargeable station can hold up to 20 pagers.
Paging system: EasyCall
The EasyCall call button allows restaurants, hotels, clubs, bars or other businesses to offer their service even where a permanent staff presence is not possible or desirable. With just one press of the EasyCall button, a signal is sent to the base station to let the customer know that they require the attention of a staff member.
The benefit of using this device is customer satisfaction, privacy where required, quick response from the operator when required and thus more sales.
EasyCall buttons are interesting in design and can be mounted on a wall, desk or reception counter. They are available in wood or porcelain. They can also be printed with advertising if required.
EasyCall operates on the 448MHZ frequency. Its battery has a lifetime of up to two years, depending on use. The advantage is low maintenance, the button is UV resistant as well as water resistant.
- significant acceleration of guest service
- ensures that seats can be served without the permanent presence of service staff
- quick and easy installation
Frequently asked questions when using pagers in conjunction with Septim.
Speeding up and streamlining service are undeniable advantages of using pagers in a restaurant.
A demonstration of the paging system and the correct configuration for your operation will be ideal. It is also important to understand that for a busy restaurant operation, it pays to invest in quality pagers with greater endurance. For details, contact our consultants who will be happy to walk you through a paging system for your restaurant.
Discuss with our consultants how to do it.
Septim has become a partner of another restaurant of Radek Kašpárek, after the very successful Michelin restaurant FIELD. The Septim operating system is now implemented in 420 restaurant, the most anticipated gastronomic venture of 2023!
We would like to inform all our partners about the changes in the ownership structure of the company. After two years of cooperation, the Miton investment group has increased its original minority stake in Septim to a majority one.
The POS system and the operational system are two different but interconnected systems that play a key role in the operation of a restaurant.